From TDK History Museum toTDK Museum
TDK was founded by Kenzo Saito on December 7, 1935, in Hirasawa-machi, Yuri-gun, Akita Prefecture (now Nikaho City) with the purpose of commercializing ferrite, a magnetic material that had been invented in Japan. TDK started off by building many production sites in Akita Prefecture, but today it has grown into a global enterprise with about 100 production sites and group companies in around 30 countries throughout the world.
Opened in 2005 in commemoration of TDK’s 70th anniversary, the TDK History Museum introduced the history of monozukuri craftsmanship at TDK. On the occasion of our 80th anniversary, the museum has undergone a complete renewal and a change of name to the TDK Museum so as to focus on the future as well as the past.
Through videos and practical demonstrations, the museum introduces how TDK’s products and technologies, centered on our strength in ferrite and “magnetism”, have played a role in the evolution of society and how TDK will be involved in the coming future society in an easy-to-understand, enjoyable, and experiential manner.
Details about the facility, such as opening and closing times, admission, and access, are available here.Details
Details about permanent and special exhibitions, as well as a floor map, are available here.Details